Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ugh...adulthood

Okay. I need to calm down. Money, math and calculations certainly aren't me strong suit, so this whole situation is driving me bonkers (nice word choice eh?).

Well, I'm moving to Vermont in a few weeks and NEED an apartment. We only have four days to get all our money and the signed lease to our landlord. While I live in Connecticut, another roommate lives in Vermont, another in North Carolina and one lives in Illinois. If we don't get all that stuff in, we are out on our asses. But I think it will all work out...

I'm excited to move away, live on my own again, hopefully make new friends and finally get involved in non-profit work. But, I'm also terrified. What if I don't like Vermont? What if I don't get along with my roommates? What if I don't like my job? I'll be there a whole year, 3 1/2 hours away.

I suppose I'm most nervous about leaving the comfort of home and being "stuck" in this place with people that at this moment, I'm not 100% sure I will get along with. It seems to be going smoothly so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment